Topic: FreeRealty 3.0 rc6 + CK-ERP Demo

Hi, folks,

I have just completed a preliminary version of a FreeRealty-CK-ERP connector.  A demo of FreeRealty 3.0 RC6 + CK-ERP 0.25.1 is available at,

http://ck-erp.org/fr/admin/admin.php  (please login with username=demo, password=guest)

Please note that the user demo is setup as an authorized user of FreeRealty with access to CK-ERP functions only.  All the other FreeRealty features requiring admin rights are not conferred on the user, demo.  This is the assumed scenario where the real estate agent's / FreeRealty operator's account clerk is able to login into FreeRealty to manage the accounting ledger, but without the ability to change the various property listings.

As far as I can see, the combination of FreeRealty + CK-ERP would most likely be useful to real estate agents / FreeRealty operators in managing their back-office computing work all within the familiar FreeRealty environment.

BTW, when installing FreeRealty 3.0 rc6, I had the same problem riccardo had, ie blank user,password fields for the first user.  I had to manually modify the user,password fields in the users table, before being able to login.

I think $_SESSION[admin_user], $_SESSION[admin_password] within,

$sql = "insert into ".$table_prefix."users (user, password, user_level) values ('$_SESSION[admin_user]', '$_SESSION[admin_password]', 'admin')";

inside install30.php, may be the problem, ie, $_SESSION[admin_user] vs $_SESSION['admin_user']

Best Regards,
CK

Re: FreeRealty 3.0 rc6 + CK-ERP Demo

Can you elaborate a little on

Please note that the user demo is setup as an authorized user of FreeRealty with access to CK-ERP functions only.  All the other FreeRealty features requiring admin rights are not conferred on the user, demo.  This is the assumed scenario where the real estate agent's / FreeRealty operator's account clerk is able to login into FreeRealty to manage the accounting ledger, but without the ability to change the various property listings.

I guess I'm just not familiar enough with your base package to understand how this is supposed to work together. I can see where this might be useful in some configurations, but most FreeRealty installs are not going to need accounting added to them. Assuming a genuine built out on your part, this would appear to be most appropriate for the mods section.

Patrick
Lead developer FreeRealty
Other claims to fame: http://www.rwcinc.net
Enrolled Agent, Licensed to Represent Taxpayers before Exams, Appeals and Conference divisions of the Internal Revenue Service.

Re: FreeRealty 3.0 rc6 + CK-ERP Demo

Hi, Pat,

Thank you for the response.

Feels free to relocate this thread to the Mods Section, if you feels that would be a more appropriate venue.

I am a newbie to FreeRealty, so feel free to correct me if I am wrong.  When adding users to FreeRealty, there appear to be three possibilities, agent, admin, authorized user.  Agent doesn't seem to have access to the admin area.  Authorized user seems to be able to login to the admin area but without the more important admin functions.  Admin users can login to the admin area with full admin rights. 

When creating the (FreeRealty + CK-ERP) environment, I have embedded CK-ERP into FreeRealty's admin area, therefore to access CK-ERP, one would have to log into FreeRealty's admin area.  Hence, I have created demo to be an authorised user of FreeRealty, so it can log into FreeRealty and access CK-ERP, but without the capability of messing with the admin functions of FreeRealty.  You are definitely the expert on FreeRealty, so feel free to correct me and suggest a better way of handling the case.

As far as the utility of (FreeRealty + CK-ERP) goes, I guess a FreeRealty property classified website could use the CK-ERP functions to record the classified ad revenue, ad space rental, cost of running the website (say, web hosting fee, domain fee) etc.  A FreeRealty estate agent could record the agent's fee, lawyer's fee, etc.

Best Regards,
CK