Topic: 20041231 - report from the field

hi -

first, thanks for all of it. smile

second, the new design on 20041231 r0cks! clean, simple, pretty.

third, i've read the bugs.php page and i suspect this is a misconfiguration on my part, but

i'm getting an error on the thumbnail section of the homepage after installing:

Featured Listings:
Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /xxxxx/freerealty/content/featured.php on line 29

my suspicions (and your bugs.php page) tell me i haven't properly configured the g.d. gd    smile

am i correct??

where can i find and set the path to gd ?

muchos gracias, senor!

Re: 20041231 - report from the field

okay -

here are other messages i'm receiving and the corresponding pages:

-----
/propview.php

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /xxxx/includes/func.php on line 97
There are currently listings in this category.

[ Sort by:   Price  Most Recent  Beds  Baths  City  Square Footage ]

Table 'db_name.homes' doesn't exist
Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /xxxx/includes/func.php on line 181
-----

/browse.php

Browse Listings

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /xxxx/browse.php on line 21
Show all properties ()

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /xxxx/includes/features.php on line 38
-----

jedi wrote:

i'm getting an error on the thumbnail section of the homepage after installing:

Featured Listings:
Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /xxxxx/freerealty/content/featured.php on line 29

my suspicions (and your bugs.php page) tell me i haven't properly configured the g.d. gd    smile

muchos gracias, senor!

First this tells me there is nothing in the database, or at least you have no properties with the featured flag set.

-----
/propview.php

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /xxxx/includes/func.php on line 97
There are currently listings in this category.

[ Sort by:   Price  Most Recent  Beds  Baths  City  Square Footage ]

Table 'db_name.homes' doesn't exist
Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /xxxx/includes/func.php on line 181
-----

No database.

/browse.php

Browse Listings

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /xxxx/browse.php on line 21
Show all properties ()

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /xxxx/includes/features.php on line 38
-----

Again, no database. It looks like you are trying to use a database named 'db_name' but either the configuration file is pointing to the wrong database name or the database isn't/wasn't set up.

GD is one of those things that either "is or isn't" It's a set of libraries that can be compiled into php as functions of php. Whether and which version you have requires a little bit of research, but just looking at the /admin/phpinfo.php should give you an idea of whether gd will work for you.

Check for the existence of database first. Did you happen to run the install.php script to get it configured and running?

Patrick
Lead developer FreeRealty
Other claims to fame: http://www.rwcinc.net
Enrolled Agent, Licensed to Represent Taxpayers before Exams, Appeals and Conference divisions of the Internal Revenue Service.

okay, my fault on this one --

now i've run the install.php and then the configurator.php --

see a functioning site w/ no errors, until i log in as admin and click on the "Main Administrator Tool" (/admin/admin.php)

I'm getting this error:

Fatal error: Cannot use [] for reading in /xxxxx/admin/admin.php on line 742

Is there something else I'm forgetting?

BTW - I really like the simplification over OR.

thanks kindly -- (again)

5 (edited by pat 2005-01-19 08:06:09)

Great! You found a real bug that hasn't been reported to me yet! wink
Here's the q&d workaround, edit common.php and change $show_fp = "Y" to $show_fp = "N" until you put some properties in the database.
Looking at the code I realize that it will have to be fixed in maybe 3 to 4 places.

BTW - I really like the simplification over OR.

Well, you know what they say about simples minds... they write simple code smile
I'm glad that you are finding use for this code- and I truly appreciate feedback and bug reports, it makes the code better for everyone that uses it.

Patrick
Enrolled Agent, Licensed to Represent Taxpayers before Exams, Appeals and Conference divisions of the Internal Revenue Service.

6 (edited by pat 2005-07-07 07:06:05)

Ok- I tracked down what I believe the issues are and made some changes to admin/admin.php. The current snapshot is up which contains this and other minor fixes here: http://freerealty.rwcinc.net/snap.php (old snapshot removed)

Patrick

7 (edited by pat 2005-07-07 07:06:43)

Use this one instead
http://freerealty.rwcinc.net/snap.php (old snapshot removed)

Patrick

Works like a charm! big_smile

Super thanks for the snapshots!! Haven't found a bug yet.

One question - I haven't been able to find the *extremely* valuable admin option "Form Editor" (I believe it is file template_editor.php in OR 1.15b). Was this an addition to OR after the FreeRealty fork? For me, it was the "killer feature" for OR.

BTW, OR 1.15b is GPL, however newer versions are NOT GPL. Would it be possible to integrate the template_editor.php or are the roads already too far apart?

Super thanks again, Pat! If and when I find an error with the 20050119 snapshot, I'll post it in a new topic in this forum.

Best to you ---

jedi wrote:

One question - I haven't been able to find the *extremely* valuable admin option "Form Editor" (I believe it is file template_editor.php in OR 1.15b). Was this an addition to OR after the FreeRealty fork? For me, it was the "killer feature" for OR.

I haven't even seen this feature. What does it do?
And yes, I believe it was added by Ryan well after the fork.

Patrick

pat wrote:
jedi wrote:

I haven't even seen this feature. What does it do?
And yes, I believe it was added by Ryan well after the fork.

if you haven't seen it, wow, it's something to be seen!

it lets you add/remove fields in the search form

in addition, it lets you specify what type of fields they are, such as 'drop down', 'checkbox', 'select unique/individual from list', and much more that i can't come close to explaining..

demos rock --> searching google i found this:

http://www.snappyserver.com/eg/open-rea … /index.php

use admin/password

then click on the "Edit Listings Template" link at the top.

wow!

smile

jedi wrote:

in addition, it lets you specify what type of fields they are, such as 'drop down', 'checkbox', 'select unique/individual from list', and much more that i can't come close to explaining..

Hmm... I've looked at the demo. I've also downloaded 1.5b... gonna play with it to see if it's something easily added (I suspect not) and if I can make it a drop in mod so that people who want it can grab it.

Patrick

pat wrote:
jedi wrote:

Hmm... I've looked at the demo. I've also downloaded 1.5b... gonna play with it to see if it's something easily added (I suspect not) and if I can make it a drop in mod so that people who want it can grab it.

this would be incredibly valuable!

thanks for looking into it. smile