Topic: Admin Folder --- index.php----login.php

looks like the index.php page in the admin folder is not needed except to keep from throwing a 404 if not found...

I am going to guess and figure this page can be changed to reflect a admin login page not found or some such, keeping
any other admin info ( links to other admin functions ) out of view from miss-users of this data....
not thinking someone could use the links to get in,,,more like-- better if they have to guess what any admin page might be named,,,,
I have several wordpress sites and take care of many more,,,its a constant battle with the euro wordpress wanna be hackers trying to gain admin to every wp site out there...
so ive just learned to hide any thing that might give them info of any kind if they source the site..

and ---- another question,,, login page breaks at line 8,,,,assume this file is also not needed?
and can be deleted with no probs....

Re: Admin Folder --- index.php----login.php

You can obfuscate the index.php or admin folder if you want, change it to redirect to site/index.php like some other projects do. There are no links into the admin directory anywhere else on the site so one would have to know where it is to find it. You can also choose to place it anywhere else that you like as long as the config options are properly set. I did this so admin could be left alone (site/admin) or installed as admin.site, etc.

Quick check - admin/login.php is not used. The login functions have been moved to the user_login() function. The file can safely be deleted.

Patrick
Lead developer FreeRealty
Other claims to fame: http://www.rwcinc.net
Enrolled Agent, Licensed to Represent Taxpayers before Exams, Appeals and Conference divisions of the Internal Revenue Service.

ahhh,,,,I  see it now...did not see the config option for setting the admin folder,,,
very neat...change the name of the admin folder and setup the info in config so it knows where to look ...
do you need to change both the admin url and admin dir....I did not try it yet...

not used to seeing the configs in the install file though..usually you delete the install files after setup..
going to have more questions for sure....

Actually, the config options are saved to the configuration table and can be changed through the admin interface. (admin.php?action=config) These settings are placed into the database at install time.
The url and directory are both editable independently.
You can safely delete the install file as all the options should be placed into the db at install time.

Patrick
Lead developer FreeRealty
Other claims to fame: http://www.rwcinc.net
Enrolled Agent, Licensed to Represent Taxpayers before Exams, Appeals and Conference divisions of the Internal Revenue Service.