Topic: Migrate from Open Realty v3

Hi
I have to change from Open Realty v3.25 as my host has disabled email on the domain due to spam. I cannot fix the problem due to the php being encoded with ioncube. Open Realty deny there is any problem and do not seem interested in helping because I am on the free version. Without email the site is useless so I have to change to show my host (hostgator) that I have done something to fix the problem.

There does not seem to be much activity on this forum which suggests there is not a lot of work being done and/or not many users.

Any comments would be useful

Thanks
Ian

Re: Migrate from Open Realty v3

Hi,
I have not had to delve into the OR realty code in some time... the spam level across the internet has been on the uptick lately sad sorry to hear that you are unable to get help from the OR guys. What can we do to help?

Patrick
Lead developer FreeRealty
Other claims to fame: http://www.rwcinc.net
Enrolled Agent, Licensed to Represent Taxpayers before Exams, Appeals and Conference divisions of the Internal Revenue Service.

Sorry, re-read my post, not too clear.

I am looking at my options to replace Open Realty. v2 seems to have security problems and v3 has encrypted code. I understand that FreeRealty is a fork and I am interested in using it. However looking at this forum, I am not too sure how active the product is. Last version released almost a year ago. On the other hand, it could be the product is stable and no-one has support issues.

Is there an upgrade path from OR, so I do have to re-enter all the property details?

I am not sure there is an upgrade path from OR... but it should be possible to read the database schema and come up with something suitable as far as migration concerns go. I have worked with individuals who struggled to get things working or wanted to add some functionality and was able to add functionality to the project. There will be things that you will have to enter on your own due to how the different projects are structured and may be some information that is not clearly or accurately translated depending upon who understandable the current database is. I would be happy to give a look at your database structure to see if it is feasible to attempt to convert it.

And yes, this project is quiet at the moment, but there is a following.

Patrick
Lead developer FreeRealty
Other claims to fame: http://www.rwcinc.net
Enrolled Agent, Licensed to Represent Taxpayers before Exams, Appeals and Conference divisions of the Internal Revenue Service.