Topic: add agent fails

I am pretty sure this is a bug. 

FR-3.0-0.rc2
from tar.bz2 downloaded on 2007/10/27

HOW--
    From admin, select "Manage Agents" from top menu,
    fill out form,
        if "User Level" is left as "agent", then it fails, giving error: "Unknown column 'user_level' in 'field list'"
        if "User Level" is either "admin" or "authorized user" the addition succeeds, and a new user is registered in db.

COMMENTS--
Should admins be stored in "users"?
I assume the problem is that agents are not stored in "users" but in "agents", and "agents" contains no column "user_level".
Of course, for "authorized users" and "admins", the contents of the other 7 fields in the form are discarded (I assume).

WORKAROUND?--
Should I add a column "agents.user_level"?  I assume it will never be accessed if I do, but might work round the issue???

Re: add agent fails

riccardo wrote:

I am pretty sure this is a bug. 

FR-3.0-0.rc2
from tar.bz2 downloaded on 2007/10/27

HOW--
    From admin, select "Manage Agents" from top menu,
    fill out form,
        if "User Level" is left as "agent", then it fails, giving error: "Unknown column 'user_level' in 'field list'"
        if "User Level" is either "admin" or "authorized user" the addition succeeds, and a new user is registered in db.

COMMENTS--
Should admins be stored in "users"?
I assume the problem is that agents are not stored in "users" but in "agents", and "agents" contains no column "user_level".
Of course, for "authorized users" and "admins", the contents of the other 7 fields in the form are discarded (I assume).

WORKAROUND?--
Should I add a column "agents.user_level"?  I assume it will never be accessed if I do, but might work round the issue???

That was something that I was working on for permissions and access levels. The upgrade worked, the install did not (install did not add the field user_level to agents) I have removed all references to user_level in agents in the latest code which is FR-3.0-0.rc6 only uploaded a few moments ago) the user_level field is referenced in the login code in includes/func.php.

Patrick
Lead developer FreeRealty
Other claims to fame: http://www.rwcinc.net
Enrolled Agent, Licensed to Represent Taxpayers before Exams, Appeals and Conference divisions of the Internal Revenue Service.